The SIBC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The SIBC is the Data Controller for any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold relating to you
You may give us information about you by filling in forms, initiating or renewing your club membership, entering an event, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or letter. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your personal data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for, and we request your consent for this when you initiate or renew your membership to the SIBC.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and league/competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions.
- sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer leagues and competitions.
- sharing personal data with other club members to enable leagues and competitions.
For reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data, and producing and distributing an annual club return to the recognised national body – the English Indoor Bowling Association.
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities
- membership renewals or invitation to social events
- publishing of league and competition results
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising
For your health
- any special category health data we hold on you is only held at your request and with your specific consent to be passed to the emergency services in the event of your being taken ill within the club area.
Who we share your personal data with
The club only shares anonymised data and only to one third party- the English Indoor Bowling Association, the recognised national body – in the form of quantities of member types within the club. The SIBC does not supply any personal data it holds with any other third party.
The club has a Facebook social media page. All members are free to join but do so at their own discretion. If you do join, please note that the provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and the club has no influence over these. The club cannot and do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, Please check these policies before you submit any personal data using Facebook.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Data is updated every year via our annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after no more than seven years of inactivity on your member’s account. Your data will not be processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; and to the portability of your personal data. The SIBC will do all it can to comply but we request that you give us sufficient warning to satisfy your requirements. You have the right to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the SIBC. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we would be extremely limited in our ability to
- Process and administer your membership
- Keep you informed of club activities and events
- Assist you with any coaching and/or bowls advancement
- Process your participation in any leagues or competitions
- Assist you in becoming a part of, taking full advantage of, and progressing through, the SIBC club environment.